Bilingual Sr. Controls Engineer (Siemens)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/24/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
As a Bilingual (Spanish) Sr. Controls Engineer you will work closely with our customers and cross-functional teams to ensure projects meet technical needs & expectations. You will be a subject matter expert with Siemens PLC's, specifically PCS7.
Our Controls Engineering team is dedicated to keeping our customers out in front of the rapid and unpredictable updates in technology. JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. As a member of a project team you ll work alongside our Applications, Mechanical, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You ll Do: * Design, implement and document controls systems (electrical, software, pneumatic, hydraulic) for various types of automated equipment
* Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up and machine validation with the appropriate build and electrical teams
* Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or build specifications using standard techniques and approach
* Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment
* Responsible for project deliverables as it relates to performance, timing and cost
NOTE: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
WHAT YOU LL BRING: * 5+ years related experience/training and bachelor s degree from a 4-year College/University in related engineering field.
* Fluent Spanish skills (written & conversational)
SKILLS YOU LL HAVE: * 5+ years experience with PLC's, HMI, Robot, AutoCAD, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and/or Vision Systems
* Siemens PLC experience, PCS7 strongly preferred
* Exposure to industry, an equivalent combination of education or experience
* Hardware & software experience
* Computer proficiency
OTHER DETAILS: * Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 25% of the time; domestic and international travel.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!