This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2018
END DATE 3/28/2019
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and represents the same client-and people-centric focus that you have come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices. Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary solutions from front-end engineering, project delivery, and design-build services.
For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
OBG is currently looking for mulitple experienced Construction Managers / Project Leaders to support a multi-year project in our Advanced Manufacturing Brand being conducted for an International Aerospace Manufacturer with a facility located in Georgia. Candidate shall have prior Industrial project experience in capital project management, procurement of equipment and subcontracts, installation/relocation of large equipment, construction safety management, financial oversight and reporting, contract management and client management.
This position is an on-site position with responsibilities to assist the Program Manager with management and execution of capital equipment upgrade projects and leadership of the internal and external project team members. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Works with the Internal Program Manager for successful execution of the project and provides input into the overall execution strategy.
* Manage multiple projects at one time (20-30)
* Financial and schedule responsibility for successful management and achievement of the budget and schedule expectations.
* Preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests including preparation of project budget, project scope, ROI analysis, project justification, schedule, etc.
* Interface with multiple client entities (management, engineering, safety, production), solicits feedback in order to maintain and forwards healthy client relationships
* Preparation of Project Schedules that outline execution of a project from concept, pre-planning, engineering, procurement, detailed construction, commissioning and validation and management of the schedule throughout the project life-cycle.
* Preparation of procurement packages including capital equipment, engineering and construction scopes of work, contracts, etc.
* Leadership and daily oversight of safety relative to the installation of assigned projects.
* Alignment with and leadership of customer s policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Manages the construction contracts including daily oversight of construction activities, schedule leadership & oversight, change management, punch list management and contract close out.
* Leads weekly project status updates including schedule and cost reporting/forecasting to the client.
* Conducts coordination meetings with appropriate project and client personnel in support of the overall project execution plan.
* Leadership and mentoring of internal project staffSkills & Qualifications:
* Associate Degree in Applied Science plus 13+ years relevant years of experience, or Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline or Construction plus 10+ years of relevant experience.
* Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data.
* Construction sequencing and planning, construction scheduling/durations, safety planning, means and methods.
* OSHA 30 hour Safety Training for Supervisors.
* Knowledge of Machinery and Rigging a plus
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Working knowledge of operation and use of a variety of construction equipment.
* Knowledge and familiarity with Project Scheduling and Job Costing.
* High level of energy and ability to motivate employees
* Extensive travel is required
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.