This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2018
END DATE 1/15/2019
Peachtree Corners, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONYour user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to continue with your application.
Are you our next Business Analyst*
Vallen is seeking a Business Analyst to be responsible for supporting and administering multiple company programs and ensuring compliance to company policies and operating procedures. This includes but is not limited to, auto allowance, insurance, travel, audit, and security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Maintain relationships with key third party suppliers
* Manage confidential information for employees, suppliers, and customers
* Responsible for documentation of all processes
* Manage accidents and insurance claims for all automobile claims, including flow of funds and reconciliation to the general ledger
* Oversee subrogation by the third party insurance carrier to ensure proper reconciliation to the general ledger
* Responsible for all insurance reporting requirements for casualty, property, general, and aviation insurance.
* Oversee the company fixed and variable rate auto allowance program, used by 350 associates, including adding and removing program participants, processing the reimbursement report, and ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures
* Analyze mileage submitted by drivers to ensure accurate mileage logs
* Reconcile monthly reimbursements to the general ledger
* Oversee billing for program services and enter accounting journal vouchers to properly account for costs to the general ledger
* Assist company managers with questions regarding the program
* Analyze mileage reports to identify reimbursement mileage band updates needed
* Oversee taxable income reporting to ensure associates not eligible for tax-free reimbursement are reported to payroll
* Assist with the annual renewal to ensure vehicle costs are updated and properly communicated to program participants
* Responsible to documentation of the mileage reimbursement policy
* Analyze non-program mileage reimbursement to identify associates eligible to move to the auto allowance program
* Oversee the company travel program, partnering with company travel agency to ensure compliance of company travelers to travel policy and analyze travel spend to identify opportunities for cost savings
* Develop and communicate travel best practices to appropriate company groups
* Report travel program metrics to appropriate management groups
* Analyze travel program metrics by employee to identify out of compliance travelers
* Analyze travel spend and identify opportunities for cost savings
* Administer the company compliance audit program, auditing key business areas in security, safety, operations, and finance.
* Issue corrective actions to mitigate risk
* Follow up on audit findings and corrective actions to drive compliance
* Document and create executive level reporting to keep management informed of potential company compliance issues
* Support the annual 3rd party audit (KPMG), which includes providing documentation and data requested, facilitating samples requested to provide appropriate backup documentation, and answering company policy or process inquiries from the audit firm
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Working at Vallen
At Vallen, we are committed to the success of our customers and our co-workers and do what it takes to get the job done right. We work diligently to improve and drive results that create value. We re hands-on, responsive and team-oriented. We apply our insights, experience and relationships to find the best.
Qualifications & Benefits
* Minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferre
* High attention to detail and ability to multitask without hindering accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced environment with competing demands is a must
* Self-starter and highly motivated to be able to follow projects through to completion while handling requests and other competing demands that may require immediate attention
* Excellent communication, organization, planning, and problem-solving skills required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel Required
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Peachtree Corners, Georgia, United States
Return to Search Results