DevOps Engineer with Cloud/Middleware - Docker and Kubernetes
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2018
END DATE 9/15/2018
NTT Data Inc
Sandy Springs, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description: Devops Engineer * Cloud Databases with Docker and Kubernetes * ITI Cloud
Duration: 3+ month contract
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
The Devops Engineer will be part of the cloud infrastructure team and assist the application development teams in architecting, developing, and re-engineering applications with containerization and cloud forward technologies.
Our Cloud Infrastructure team is obsessed about bringing strong success for the application development teams. Our team collaborates across the entire organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
* Collaborate with Business teams, IT teams (application development teams, infrastructure teams, etc.), throughout the lifecycle of applications and services (inception and design, development, deployment, operations and refinement)
* Design, build, and optimize applications\' containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
* Automate applications and infrastructure deployments on private and public cloud
* Assist in the design and building of a fully automated self-service platform that could work in a Cloud environment
* Be a Subject Matter Expert on DevOps best practices, CI/CD and Configuration Management
* Produce automation scripts to integrate between services and increase efficiency
* Maintain awareness of industry best practices and the latest tools
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience in:
* Computer/Information Science
Must have 4 years (total) of experience in the following:
Infrastructure and Operations Specialist in Customer-facing roles.
Must have 1 year (total) of experience in the following:
* Kubernetes Administration and Docker
* Experience with RDS (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora) doing operations such as installation, clustering, configuration, backup and replication, and Disaster Recovery
* Experience with AWS services (VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, etc..)
* Experience with Terraform and Ansible/Puppet/Chef
* Experience with distributed SQL databases like CockroachDB
* Experience with containerized databases
Must have 5 years of experience in the following:
* Linux Administration
* DBA experience administering DBMS
* Experience with continuous integration tools and continuous delivery pipeline (e.g. Jenkins, Jfrog, Artifactory, Sonarcube, and Checkmarx)
* Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
* Agile software development expert
* Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
* Experience in IT security standards
* Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
* Must be able to work a rotating on-call schedule (Nights & Weekends)
* Travel domestically
* Travel internationally
* Work Holidays when required
* Work weekends when required
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.