This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2018
END DATE 8/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely.
* Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
* Maintain and repair heavy diesel, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
* Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
* Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
* Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
* Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
* Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
* Maintain a clean work area.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic.
* Experience using diagnostic software a plus
* Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and the willingness to learn.
* Obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six (6) months of employment.
* Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
* Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
* Continuous concentrated mental and visual attention required.
* Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
* Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.