Principal Technical Architect, Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2018
END DATE 8/29/2018
COX AUTOMOTIVE is seeking a TECHNICAL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT- UI to join our Analytics Product group. This position can be filled in either of our BURLINGTON VT, LAKE HILLS NY, ATLANTA GA, OR IRVINE CA OFFICES.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our architects are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.
Do you have a passion for empowering teams to architect, engineer, operate and scale solutions that transform the way that the world buys, sells and owns cars? Do you want to lead the technical direction for engineering scrum teams driving the architectural vision of the UI platform that powers some of the largest automotive manufacturers and dealer groups in the industry? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communication, collaboration, and leadership skills to help guide major initiatives to success? Do you believe that great Architects empower teams to thrive in an Enterprise Agile software engineering practice?
As a Technical Software Architect - UI you will join the software architecture team for our Analytics Product group. You will build consensus and drive collaboration through servant leadership across software engineering scrum teams. Your ability to connect technology with measurable business value will be critical to your success in this role. You will need to be comfortable working across a variety of technology stacks both on-premises and in the cloud. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and act as an excellent communicator across the enterprise. You will lead the technical direction for engineering scrum teams, empowering them to thrive.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
* Mobile Development languages/frameworks: Android, Java, iOS, Objective-C, Swift
* Devops Tools: NewRelic, Sumo, GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
* Other Tools: Akamai, Adobe Digital Tag Manager, Google Tag Manager
* Collaborate across business, engineering and product stakeholders to drive holistic technology implementations while maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value
* Lead the application and software/solution architecture practice across engineering scrum teams while exposing project and solution related architectural issues to the wider architecture team
* Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives
* Facilitate integration, alignment and excellent communication within the solution group and across the enterprise
* Work with other architects and senior technologists to curate and maintain a technology portfolio for the group that is aligned with the goals of the enterprise
* Provide educational/mentoring resources to architecture and engineering teams
* Define and evangelize design, modeling and continuous delivery methodologies in an Enterprise Agile environment
* Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions
* Work across the solution group to evaluate emerging technologies, and drive the evolution of current technologies, defining a roadmap which increases the value of technology to the business, while collaborating with architects across the enterprise to accelerate learning
* Mentor scrum teams with best DevOps practices
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, M.S. or equivalent preferred
* 10+ years total software development experience required
* 5+ years of experience with technical design for enterprise level projects
* 5+ years of experience with technologies for web application development, mobile application experience also desirable
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
* Experience in the implementation of designs and processes in an Enterprise Agile environment
* Experience designing and implementing responsive web application UIs
* Experience with either progressive web apps or mobile application development
* Experience with DevOps tools and culture
* Desire to come up with creative solutions to the challenging communication situations that arise from leading teams in multiple geographic locations
* Willingness to occasionally travel to other Cox Automotive offices (1-2 times per quarter)
* Strong presentation and communication skills
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader , Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , VinSolutions , vAuto and Xtime , are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard St
OTHER LOCATIONS: 3003 Summit Blvd,US,GA,Atlanta,30319|3400 New Hyde Park Rd,US,NY,North Hills,11040|195 Technology Dr,US,CA,Irvine,92618
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.