Project Field Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2018
END DATE 8/27/2018
Berkel & Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking Project/Field Engineer for our Auger Pressure Grouted Piling, Displacement Piling, Driven Piling, Pressure Grouting, Sheeting & Shoring, and Micro Piling.
This position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and Company standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants. Responsibilities include estimating, design, and project management for the installation of Deep Foundation systems throughout the United States.
This position as well ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. Project/Field Engineers are expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details and be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
While on a project the Project/Field Engineer reports to the Regional Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality of deliverable and effective execution of project assignments.
On a large project the Regional Manager may delegate certain project management responsibilities to the Project/Field Engineer, including day-to-day interaction with the Client s designated representative as well as coordination of all internal activities performed by staff.
* Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
* Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
* Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
* Monthly project status reports and change orders.
* Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
* Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
* Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project Clients.
* Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
* Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
* Participating in Client/contractor meetings and resolving Client/engineering and management project issues.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Masters or Bachelors in Civil Engineering with explicit focus on Geotechnical discipline
Specific Coursework: Advanced Soil Mechanics, Foundation Design, Geotechnical Laboratory Testing, Ground Improvement, Earth Retaining Structures (or equivalents)