Civil Engineer - Traffic Emphasis - Mid Level
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2019
END DATE 1/4/2020
Moffatt & Nichol
JOB DESCRIPTIONMoffatt & Nichol is actively searching for an experienced Civil Engineer with Traffic specialization / emphasis to join one of our transportation centers of excellence in Raleigh, NC, Orlando, FL, or Atlanta, GA, who will develop transportation and traffic analyses, studies, and designs, including corridor management plans. Our ideal candidate has worked extensively on DOT roadway / highway engineering projects and is looking to grow their career.
Experience with maintenance of traffic (MOT), traffic signing, traffic signals, pavement markings, geometric design, traffic forecasting, and design of transportation improvements is a plus.
This is a high-growth opportunity for a professional who will be working with our other offices nationwide. We are looking for a motivated engineer that enjoys the technical side of engineering, who can mentor junior Engineers and work with senior Engineers and Clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
Essential responsibilities and contributions of our Traffic Engineer are:
* Project engineering, design, planning, and computations
* Contributes to projects that include the final design and preparation of plans, specifications and studies associated with traffic analysis
* Plans and organizes technical project assignments
* Accepts instruction and works well with other engineers and technicians
* Assists with the training and development of professional and technical staff
* Demonstrates specialty area of expertise in traffic engineering
* Travels periodically to work site and other project-related locations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Transportation or related engineering from an accredited college (required)
* Master's degree in Traffic/Transportation Engineering (desired)
* Registered as Professional Engineer (PE) or on path to acquire is required; a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is a plus
* 3-10 years of progressive experience in Traffic Engineering
* Knowledge and skills using MicroStation and CAD
* Thorough software knowledge in VISSIM, Synchro, Transmodeler, TIA experience, MS Excel and Word
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 37 offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol s EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings..