Internal Communications Manager 12/3/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MANHATTAN DESIGNS, BUILDS AND DELIVERS MARKET-LEADING SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR LEADING COMPANIES AROUND THE WORLD. WE HELP DRIVE THE COMMERCE REVOLUTION WITH UNMATCHED INSIGHT AND UNRIVALED TECHNOLOGY, CONNECTING FRONT-END REVENUE AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH BACK-END EXECUTION AND EFFICIENCY OPTIMIZED ON A COMMON TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM. THIS PLATFORM-BASED APPROACH IS ENABLING LEADING COMPANIES ACROSS THE GLOBE TO PUSH POSSIBLE BY GETTING CLOSER TO CUSTOMERS AND ACHIEVING REAL-WORLD RESULTS.
JOB SUMMARY INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Plan and create strategies, tactics, activities, and materials for the purpose of communicating with employees. Research, write, edit and distribute all internal communications. Assist with the creation and updating of other employee and HR communications. Provide content to the organization's intranet.
* 5+ years of communications experience is required; preferably with a global company in the technology/software industry
* 5 years experience dedicated to developing internal communications strategies.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite and other various tools used for corporate intranets and communications. Knowledge of email communication tools, such as EmailOpen, is a bonus.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results.
* Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and produce high quality deliverables on tight deadlines.
* Bachelor s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or a related field preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinate with global internal stakeholders on the development, production and distribution of communications that inform, educate and engage employees. Work with the Corporate Communications lead to evaluate communications methods and improve Manhattan s dialogue with its employees.
* Effectively communicate Manhattan Associates business and technology story across multiple internal channels, including separate plans based on different audiences across the company. Work with team members to activate those plans externally as appropriate.
* Write a wide range of regional and global communications materials, including messages from the company s top executives, company announcements, videos, presentations, employee communications, talking points and more.
* Act as primary account manager for Human Resources and additional departments as needed, ensuring that key HR initiatives are developed and executed through appropriate collateral and communications plans.
* Liaise with creative services team to create graphics, imagery and visual collateral for internal stakeholders that follow brand guidelines.
* Oversee and maintain responsibility for multiple internal channels, including CEO newsletters, emails, internal events and intranet content.
* Manage company intranet site in line with corporate brand standards, with specific responsibility for content curation and site updates.
* Work as program manager with joint ownership for employee internal events and employee engagement activities, including developing audience communications and event execution strategies.
* Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of internal communications programs and use results to strengthen the planning and execution of future programs.
* Serves as an advisor on corporate communications issues. Suggest what information should be presented to employees, the methods by which it should be delivered and the timing for the information's release. This individual should be prepared to defend their suggestions to the company's decision makers and support his or her ideas with research and or experience.
SCOPE OF IMPACT/DEGREE OF INDEPENDENCE
* Participate on various projects with the Corporate Communications team and broader Marketing organization.
* Contributes to team objectives and organizational goals. Should be willing to share ideas and listen to the suggestions of others.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Conducts work of increased importance to the organization with some guidance.
* Reduced level of supervision with some latitude for independent judgment while working under general guidelines.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP SKILLS
* Networks with all levels of the organization, including senior level executives and CEO.
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES IS AT THE FOREFRONT OF THE MOST INNOVATIVE SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNOLOGIES IN THE INDUSTRY. WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON PROMOTING A CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES OPEN MINDS, FOSTERS SUPERIOR COMMUNICATION AND CREATES OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH. WE ARE PROUDLY AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR STATUS AS A VETERAN. IN THE UNITED STATES, MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES PARTICIPATES IN THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION PROGRAM (E-VERIFY) OPERATED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION. PARTICIPATION IN THE E-VERIFY PROGRAM ALLOWS MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES TO CONFIRM THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL NEWLY HIRED EMPLOYEES AFTER THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION FORM (FORM I-9) HAS BEEN COMPLETED.