Medical Readiness Administrative Specialist, Ellenwood, GA, US ID#16395
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/19/2019
END DATE 12/17/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONMedical Readiness Administrative Specialist, Ellenwood, GA, US ID#16395
When your mission depends on quality health care, rely on a team who can deliver results. From cutting-edge analysis to optimized health programs, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) can manage any size federal project. Federal clients who partner with CNHS improve their access to care, medical readiness and program efficiency. Wherever the mission takes you, CNHS delivers world-class solutions, on time and on budget.
CNHS is looking for a Behavioral Health Medical Readiness Administrative Specialist to work at the Oglethorpe Armory in Ellenwood, GA site. While Case Management primarily focuses on catastrophic illness or injury in the military setting, Case Management practices are also intensely directed at addressing chronic conditions that are more prevalent in the general patient population. Case managers can affect patient outcomes through proactive interventions across multiple healthcare settings. Additionally, case managers are expected to engage community resources and facilitate ongoing and consistent patient education.
This position will support the LCSW Case Managers with Behavioral Health Case Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Conduct intake services at PHA and Medical Readiness; identify members that are determined medically non-deployable; create, track, and update medically non-deployable referrals in e-case.
* Ensure accuracy and efficiency of case management process.
* Manage Soldier's medical and dental care from the identification point of injury and/or condition to when the Soldier is returned to duty or administratively separated from the military IAW Chapter 3 of AR 40-501. Services required:
* Initiate case management and maintain clinical notes referencing GA ARNG Provider's medical assessments.
* Liaison between MRNCOs and Commanders in completion of required checklist for; Chapter 3, MEB, PEB, LOD, INCAP and review for submission to HSS; ensure all medical documentation is uploaded into the Soldier's individual medical record in HRR; ensure that MEDPROS accurately reflects the Soldier's current medical status and evaluation records; notify unit RNCOs of all required documentation, appointments scheduled, determinations made, or non-compliance of Soldier's being processed as medically non-deployable.
* Performs initial and follow-up SM review to ensure quality of patient care and ensure the SM understand their responsibilities IAW AR 40-501 Chapter 9 and 10.
* Coordinate continuity of care plans and all referrals when the care is being resourced by the government.
* Ensure completion of required checklist (Chapter 3, MEB, PEB, LOD, INCAP) and ensure proper handling of all medical records and validate in HRR.
* Document all case management activities in the appropriate Army National Guard electronic data system in current use (eCase).
* Telephone Soldiers and medical/dental offices to obtain information and coordinate medical appointments for Soldiers seeking treatment under DHA-GL approved care.
* Obtain the proper release of information forms from Soldiers and medical/dental offices, and collect medical documents when the Soldier cannot.
* Place and maintain medical documentation in the appropriate electronic record HRR as well as the hard copy MRR that includes filing, scanning and maintaining all medical documents as directed by the Army Regulation 40-66 Medical Record Administration.
* Use Electronic Medical Management Processing System (eMMPS) to perform and upload documentations for Soldiers requiring INCAP submission.
* Perform Data base system functions as required in electronic data systems used by the Army National Guard to include but not limited to: MEDCHART, AVS, e-Case, HRR, e-Profile, LOD, eMMPS. DENCLASS, WTU, Soldier Locator, and TMDS.
* Coordinate with health services administrative team to obtain pre authorization(s) for treatment with entry of request into MEDCHART.
* Coordinates with SM to ensure all medical readiness issues are properly addressed to minimize the amount of time in non-deployable status.
* Ensure all medical documentation necessary is obtained in order to facilitate approval of any medical treatment or completion of any required examination by a credentialed provider (Chapter 3, MEB, PEB, LOD, INCAP) through coordination with the Soldier, unit, civilian medical providers, or Military Treatment Facilities (MTF).
* Prepare reports and answer ad hoc queries using data from the ARNG Patient Tracking Report on GKO and SPL modules in MODS.
* Perform non-clinical support to SRP and medical readiness events. Services required:
* Attend and perform administrative support at medical readiness events and CH3 Evaluations.
* Provide weekly updates and reports of all case management activities to the case manager.
* Coordinate care received by TRICARE and by the Defense Health Agency-Great Lakes (DHA-GL) formerly known as Military Medical Support Office (MMSO) to obtain pre authorization(s) for treatment (coordinated through the Health Systems Specialist).
* Coordinate service member care including consults for those initially using Military Treatment Facilities (MTF), VA, TRICARE network provider, and/or non-network providers.
* Establish a list of available local resources within the state to coordinate care and ensure service members have alternative options available to receive medical care if not eligible for military health benefits.
* Document medical care plans Bi-monthly (at a minimum) case review in eCase.
* Ensure proper data entry of all Service Members (SM) medical information in appropriate MODS (Medical Operational Data System) within 3 days from the end of an SRP event.
* Follow up with SM to ensure all medical readiness issues are properly addressed to minimize the amount of time in non-deployable status.
* Comply with and maintain access all regulations and guidance that are applicable to medical operations and programs of the GA Army National Guard.
* Performs other job related duties as required.
This is a full-time position that reports to the BH Department Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
AA or AS degree preferred
At least 2 years experience in Behavioral Health or Medical Office Administrative Duties
High proficiency with learning and using computer programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Contractor employee should possess the following knowledge/skills:
* Strong organizational skills
* High Proficiency to use Power Point, Excel, Word, Access, Outlook
* High proficiency to operate a personal computer to input, store, retrieve and manipulate data for various reports as required by this PRS. Experience with computerized client management systems is required.
* Use various software programs to maintain database files and prepare reports, including but not limited to the following ARNG web-based electronic data systems via MODS: Medically Non-Deployable (MND)/e-Profile, Medical Data Protection System (MEDPROS), MEDPROS Web Data Entry (MWDE), Soldier Patient Locator (SPL), Warrior Transition Report (WTR), DENCLASS, AVS, HRR, ePHA/MHA, eCase and other modules as applicable or as they become available.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following two links: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf